A podcast network is a group of podcasts that share hosts, content, and mutually promote one-another. Pinecast has built-in tools for creating and managing podcast networks. These tools are available for customers with the Crew Add-on.
Each podcast may belong to zero or more networks. There is no limit on the number of networks that a podcast can belong to.
- Unlimited members and member podcasts
- Combined analytics, including listen, subscriber, and geographic analytics
- All members of the network can access the dashboard for all of the podcasts in the network
- Any type of user, including free users, may be a member of a network
If a user is removed from a network, all of the podcasts that they own are automatically removed from the network.
Though networks provide an incredible amount of versatility to podcast management, there are a number of limits that are imposed on them.
- Features are only available on a podcast-by-podcast basis if they are available to the owner of the podcast. That is, a user with a Pro Analytics Add-on cannot view geographic analytics for a network podcast that is owned by a user with a Starter plan.
- Only the owner of a network may deactivate the network.
- Podcasts within a network may be edited by any member of the network, but only the owner of a podcast may delete it.
- Only the owner of a network or the owner of a podcast may remove that podcast from a network.
- Only the owner of a network may remove members from the network. Members may, however, remove themselves.
- Only the owner of a podcast may add their podcast to a network that they belong to. Network owners may not add others' podcasts to their network.